If you ever lived in Princeton NJ you know that the month of May means one thing: Princeton University Renunions. Alumni from all over the world come to Princeton NJ for two days of amazing parties, the famous P-RADE, and the spectacular fireworks that end this amazing event.
Doing Inbound Marketing right
This year, Princeton University communications office really did a brilliant job incorporating Inbound Marketing to mobilize thousands of people on campus. So what did they do:
- They used Twitter hashtags to create a messaging platform to announce “hidden parties”, special tents with live band performance, and much much more.
- They created apps that covered everything you needed to know about the event. This included Parking, bus shuttles, bands, special events, and more.
- They had QR banners all over campus where people can scan and get information.
- They kept a VERY active Facebook and Twitter accounts, and used the power of free to help the site reach 50K fans by offering a free Nook to most creative tweet.
- They used foursquare and Facebook places for geo-location.
As you can see, with a little bit of creativity you as a business owner can also use these simple tools to reach your audience. Inbound Marketing is about socializing with your audience, and Princeton University did just that.